Kenneth L. Shigley
Shigley Law, LLC
950 East Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30326
Licensed in: Georgia (1977)
Law School: Graduated from Emory University (JD, 1977)
Undergraduate Degrees: Graduated from Furman University (BA, 1973)
Martindale-Hubbell and other legal ratings:
Super Lawyers (GA)
Legal Elite (Georgia Trend)
Trucking specific organizations and leadership positions and awards:
AAJ Trucking Litigation Group (former board member)
Law Organizations and leadership and awards:
President, State Bar of Georgia (2011-12)
Chair, Institute for Continuing Legal Education in Georgia board of trustee (2012-13)
Chair, AAJ Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway & Premises Liability Section (2015-16)
Board certified civil trial attorney, National Board of Trial Advocacy
Board certified civil pretrial advocate, National Board of Pretrial Practice Advocacy
- $2,975,000 confidential settlement in intermodal trucking case after letting other claimants take the $1 million policy that was represented to be all available coverage, undisclosed rural county in Georgia, 2015.
- $2.3 million jury verdict for broken leg is truck case, $1 million more than asked for in rural Gordon County, GA, 2008
- Numerous seven figure recoveries in trucking cases.
- Lead author of Georgia Law of Torts: Trial Preparation & Practice (Thomson Reuters, 2010-16)
- Georgia Judicial Nominating Commission included in short list of nominees for Georgia Court of Appeals (2012); no longer an issue due to date of birth.