Steven M. Gursten
Michigan Auto Law (Gursten, Koltonow, Gursten & Raitt, PC)
30101 Northwestern Highway
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
Licensed in: MI
Law School: Graduated from Fordam University School of Law, New York, NY; 1995
Undergraduate Degrees: Graduated from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI; Graduated Phi Beta Kappa, highest academic distinction
Martindale-Hubbell and other legal ratings:
Trucking specific organizations and leadership positions and awards:
- Lawyer of the Year, Michigan Lawyers Weekly
- Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers listing
- Top 10 Attorney Award for the state of Michigan, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, American Trial Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Rating, highest rating for legal ability and ethics
- Michigan Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers listing
- Top 100 Lawyers in the State of Michigan, Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers, Crain’s Detroit Business
- Best Lawyer/Best Law Firm, U.S. News & World Report
- Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, DBusiness Magazine
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, member
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyer-Best Law Firm, U.S. News & World Report
- Top 100 Litigation Lawyer, American Society of Legal Advocates
- Lawyer of the Year – Personal Injury, Corporate LiveWire
Law Organizations and leadership and awards:
- American Association for Justice
Interstate Truck Litigation Group, Past President
Traumatic Brain Injury Group, Executive Board Member
The American Association for Justice is the nation’s largest association of advocates serving the needs of personal injury victims, with more than 50,000 lawyer members.
- Truck Accident Attorneys Roundtable visit website
The Roundtable is an association of expert truck accident attorneys dedicated to making our roads safer and protecting truck accident victims.
- Leader in the Law, Michigan Lawyers Weekly: Steven was given this award from Michigan’s largest legal newspaper for his national and state efforts to prevent trucking accidents and strengthen trucking regulations.
- Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association
The MVTLA is a professional and trade association of trial attorneys throughout the country who represent injury victims and consumer plaintiffs in claims involving motor vehicle injuries
- State of Michigan Model Civil Jury Instructions
Steven advises on the most effective jury instructions regarding Michigan No-Fault and the auto accident law for the State of Michigan.
- Michigan Association for Justice
Automobile Accident No?Fault Committee, Past Co?Chair
The Michigan Association for Justice is the state’s largest organization of trial lawyers and consumer advocates representing the needs of injured accident victims.
- Sarah Jane Brain Project
Traumatic Brain Injury Legal Committee, Advisor
The Sarah Jane Brain Project is a group of brain injury lawyers, doctors, professors and lawmakers dedicated to preventing and treating pediatric traumatic brain injury.
- TAOS Injury Lawyers visit website
The TAOS Injury Lawyers is an invite only group of preeminent trial attorneys from around the nation.
- Melvin M. Belli Society
Executive Board Member
The Melvin M. Belli Society is a legal group of the best injury lawyers in the country that presents hard-hitting, practical seminars featuring lawyers who are experts in the courtroom and discussing innovative trial skills.
- John Doe v. A trucking company
Confidential as to parties injuries and insurers
$34 million settlement, truck accident
- Norris v. Atsalis Brothers Painting
Macomb County, Michigan
$9 million settlement, car accident/truck accident
- John Doe v. Confidential
Oakland County, Michigan
$7 million settlement including $3 million in contribution over insurance policy limits, auto accident
As head of Michigan Auto Law, Steven M. Gursten focuses his practice on serious truck accident injury and wrongful death cases.
Steve frequently lectures at legal seminars throughout the country on trucking litigation, trial advocacy, and traumatic brain injury cases. He has been an annual moderator and speaker at the “Advanced Motor Vehicle Litigation Seminar” offered through 360 Advocacy, and he often speaks on maximizing auto negligence and truck cases, including at several advanced trucking legal seminars throughout the nation.