Allan P. “Chip” Sloan III
Pierce Herns Sloan & Wilson, LLC
321 East Bay Street
Charleston SC 29401
Licensed in: SC and FL
Law School: Graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1994
Undergraduate Degree: University of the South (Sewanee) B.A. Political Science 1990
Martindale-Hubbel and other legal ratings:
Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
Trucking specific organizations and leadership positions and awards:
Speaker at AAJ Interstate Trucking and other National Trucking CLEs
Editorial Board of The Lawyers LogBook Publication 2008-2014
National Advisory Board Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America 2008-2015
Law Organizations and leadership and awards:
ABOTA – Charleston SC Chapter
National Trial Lawyers Top 100
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- $8,200,000 – Wrongful death of a man rear-ended by a Commercial Motor Vehicle.
- $7,000,000 – Wrongful death of elderly couple who struck a backing Commercial Motor Vehicle.
- $5,000,000 – Man who had leg amputated after Commercial Motor Vehicle wreck.
- Allan P. Sloan III, “Chip,” has been lead counsel in over 45 Wrongful Death and Serious Injury cases involving commercial trucks. Mr. Sloan has written the following trucking articles: “Trucking Company Compliance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations”, South Carolina Trial Lawyers Journal and “The DOT Exam — A Springboard to Proving Driver Fatigue”, The Lawyer’s Logbook, Vol. 2, No. 5, Winter 2013.Chip has been the instructor for a South Carolina Seminar for lawyers entitled Truck Accident Litigation From Start to Finish in SC and has presented at National Trucking Conferences on the following subjects: The Importance of Discovering the Truck Driver’s Medical History, How to Win Your Case at the Truck Driver’s Deposition, How to Discover and Prove Medical Disqualification, The Basics of Your First Trucking Case From A to Z and The Effective Use of Subpoenas to Obtain, Use, and Present Critical Documents in Every Interstate Trucking Case.
- Chip was born in Anderson, South Carolina, on September 23, 1968. He graduated from Sewanee (B.A., 1990), where he was a member of the Order of the Gownsmen, and from the University of South Carolina Law School (J.D., 1994), where he was a member of the Order of Wig and Robe, a winner of the University of South Carolina Trial Competition in 1994, a member of the ABA Trial Competition Team, and a member of the John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court. He was admitted to the South Carolina Bar in 1994, the Florida Bar in 1995, the United States District Court, District of South Carolina in 1995, and the United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit in 1995. His areas of practice include the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations – Commercial Truck Accident Litigation, personal injury, general negligence, traumatic brain injury, sexual or physical abuse of children claims and commercial litigation. Chip is Managing Partner of Pierce Herns Sloan & Wilson in Charleston SC. Chip lives in Mount Pleasant SC with his wife Florence and their three children.