Jeffrey A. Burns
Dollar Burns & Becker, LC
1100 Main Street, Suite 2600
Kansas City, MO 64105
firstname.lastname@example.org Licensed in:
University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law, 1983Undergrad Degrees:
Martindale-Hubbell and other legal ratings:
- Northeast Missouri State University, Kirksville, MO, 1978
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain, 1978-1979
- St. Louis University School of Law, 1979-1980
- University of Leicester, Faculty of Law, Leicester, England, 1980-1981
Trucking specific organizations and leadership positions and awards:
- Martindale-Hubbel A/V
- Best Lawyers in America
- Top 100 Trial lawyers –National Trial Lawyers Association
- AVVO 10 Superb
- Marquis Who's Who in America (Law)
Law Organizations and leadership and awards:
- National Freight Advisory Committee (Appointed by U.S. Secretary of Transportation).
- Friend and Former Member (9 Years) of the Truck and Bus Safety Committee (ANB70, Transportation Research Board).
- Former Director, Center for Truck Safety (C.T.S.).
- Former member, Alliance for Safe Highways, Missouri/Kansas affiliate of the
- Coalition Against Bigger Trucks.
- National Transportation Counsel for Parents Against Tired Truckers (P.A.T.T.) since 1994.
- Former Chair, Trucking Litigation Group, American Association for Justice.
- Executive Committee Member – Trucking Litigation Group, 2009 – present.
- Truck Safety Coalition: Distinguished Service Award – Sorrow to Strength Conference, October, 2005.
- Parents Against Tired Truckers: Lifesaver Award, 1998.
- Vice-chair, Commercial Transportation Litigation Committee, American Bar Association.
- Unsung Hero Award – Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly.
- Public Justice – Member.
- National Safety Council – Member.
- Author, Missouri Practice - Litigation Guide (Volumes 2 & 2A Missouri Practice Series - West Publications, 1992, with annual updates to present).
- Author, Damages, a State by State Survey,(Chapter 26, Missouri – American Bar Association Commercial Transportation Litigation Committee, 2014).
- Faculty Member: Advanced Trial Advocacy college – Litigating Truck Collision Cases (Atlanta – 2009), (Kansas City – 2011), (Dallas – 2015).
- Author: Truck Driver Fatigue – A Primer, American Bar Association, Truck Accident Litigation, 2nd Edition, 2012;
- Author: Leveling the Playing Field: Handling a Plaintiff’s Truck Crash Case – What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You… And Your Client, American Bar Association, Truck Accident Litigation, 2nd Edition, 2012;
- Author: Truck Driver Fatigue – A Primer - American Bar Association, Truck Accident Litigation, (2005).
- Author: Handling a Plaintiff’s Truck Crash Case – What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You … And Your Client - American Bar Association, Truck Accident Litigation, (2005).
- Author: Asleep At The Wheel? - Trial Magazine, November 2002.
- Author: Truck Crash Cases - The Unlevel Playing Field, Missouri Lawyers Weekly, May 3, 1999.
- Missouri University School of Law
- Order of the Coif, (Highest Honors – Top Graduate)
- Law Review
- Former Member: Missouri Bar Rules Committee
- Life Member - National Registry of Who’s Who
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly - Unsung Hero Award - December 1996
- Public Justice – Member.
- American Bar Association
- Brain Injury Association of Kansas(Member of Board of Directors – 9 years)
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (Chair – Civil Practice Committee 2 years)
- $40,800,000.00 recovery for Ohio truck crash involving death of wife and injuries to sons.
- $24,242.813.65 recovery for Missouri truck crash involving injuries and claims for loss of support.
- $15,000,000.00 recovery for New York truck crash involving wrongful deaths.
- USLAW – Perspectives From the Plaintiff’s Lawyer’s Playbook – Tucson, Arizona, April 2013.
- Handled truck crashes and cases in 34 states.
- Married, 6 children, 4 grandchildren.